Picture: QNA/ X
Beirut: Six people were killed and three others wounded on Tuesday in continued Israeli airstrikes targeting southern Lebanon, Lebanese authorities said, despite an ongoing truce between the two sides.
Lebanon's National News Agency (NNA) said four people were killed and two others injured in an Israeli airstrike that hit a house in the town of Kfarsir.
Another person was killed when an Israeli drone struck a motorcycle in the town of Froun in the Bint Jbeil district, the agency said.
NNA also reported that another victim died from wounds sustained earlier in the day in a drone strike targeting a vehicle belonging to the municipality of Harouf.
Another person was injured in a separate drone strike targeting a motorcycle on the Kfardjal-Nabatieh road.
Israeli warplanes also carried out strikes on the towns of Shaqra, Kfar Remman and the Rihan Heights in Jezzine, while the towns of Beit Yahoun and Arid Dbine came under intermittent Israeli artillery shelling, according to the agency.
The Israeli military also issued evacuation warnings to several towns and villages in the Tyre, Nabatieh and Western Bekaa districts, including Toura, Nabatieh al-Tahta, Habboush, Bazourieh, Tyre Debba, Kfarhouneh, Ain Qana, Labaya, Jibchit, Shaqra, Burj al-Shamali and Houmine al-Fawqa.
The Israeli strikes come despite an ongoing truce between Israel and Lebanon that entered into force on April 16 and was renewed last Friday for a further 45 days.