George cleared to play after concussion

May 25, 2014 - 12:21:45 am

INDIANAPOLIS: Indiana forward Paul George has been cleared to play in the Pacers’ NBA play-off clash at Miami yesterday after suffering a concussion last week.

George completed the post-concussion protocol mandated by the league, remaining symptom-free after increasing levels of exertion, the Pacers said in a statement. 

“The Pacers staff consulted with Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher, the NBA’s Director of Concussion Management, throughout George’s progress through the protocol and today cleared him to return to normal basketball activity,” the team said.

“George will participate in shootaround and barring any unforeseen complications, he will play in game at the Miami Heat.”

George was hurt in game two of the best-of-seven Eastern Conference finals series on Tuesday, when he took a knee to the head in a collision with Heat star Dwyane Wade going for a loose ball in the fourth quarter of Miami’s 87-83 triumph.

George returned to the contest, telling team medical staff he felt no dizziness, nausea or vision problems, but he said after the game he had “blacked out” briefly

The Eastern Conference finals series is tied 1-1.

Meanwhile, the Oklahoma City Thunder are holding out hope that injured Serge Ibaka will be able to return during the Western Conference finals against the San Antonio Spurs. Ibaka, who sustained the injury during the second-round series clincher over the Los Angeles Clippers last week, was expected to miss the series with a calf injury.AFP

comments powered by Disqus