Publication of blast probe news banned

March 07, 2014 - 5:13:03 am

Doha: The Prosecutor General has banned publication of any news about investigations the prosecution is conducting into the gas explosion which occurred on February 27 at the market near Q-Mart Petrol Station next to the Landmark Mall. The ban is effective until the whole case is submitted to the competent court.

Ukraine: Obama orders sanctions

WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama yesterday ordered sanctions on people responsible for Moscow’s military intervention in Ukraine, including travel bans and freezing of their US assets, and said a referendum by the Crimea region to join Russia would violate international law.

US officials said a list of people targeted by the sanctions had not yet been drawn up but Russian President Vladimir Putin is not going to be one of them. “Any discussion about the future of Ukraine must include the legitimate government of Ukraine,” Obama said. One official said “I’m not aware of a limit” on how many people could be listed.



Egypt envoy won’t return for now

CAIRO: Egypt’s ambassador to Qatar, who was recalled to Cairo last month over political tension between the two states, will not go back to Doha at the moment, the cabinet said in a statement yesterday.

QNA/agencies

comments powered by Disqus