SCH not to accept birth certificate applications from February 2

January 20, 2014 - 3:04:27 am

DOHA: The Supreme Council of Health (SCH) said yesterday that it will stop accepting applications for birth certificates of newborns at its offices from February 2.

The certificate is now issued directly by the hospitals concerned. The Women’s Hospital, Wakrah Hospital, Al Khor Hospital and Cuban Hospital in Dukhan have been authorised to issue the certificates, the SCH said in a statement yesterday.

Three private hospitals — Al Ahli, Al Emadi and Doha Clinic- have also been authorised to issue birth certificates to children born at their obstetrics and gynaecology sections.

However, the SCH will continue to receive such applications in some exceptional cases such as those coming through the government and judicial authorities, non-Qatari newborns with temporary residence permits, children aged above one year, and those whose father is not in Qatar.

Applications for changing the name/ nationality of children will also be received at the SCH offices, said the statement. In July last year, the SCH had introduced an online system to issue birth certificates to newborns from the respective hospitals.

Applicants can obtain the certificates online in an hour after providing all the required data or by visiting the offices of the hospitals concerned, said the SCH.

The Peninsula

comments powered by Disqus