The kitchen of an apartment in Musheireb opposite Sofitel Hotel was last night gutted in a fire due to leakage in the pipe of cooking gas cylinder. No one was injured.
DOHA: Part of an apartment in Musheireb area opposite Sofitel Hotel was gutted in fire yesterday due to leakage in the pipe of cooking gas cylinder.
The incident took place at around 8:30pm. The fire brigade rushed to the site and put off the fire. No injuries have been reported.
“The fire fighters from the Civil Defence put off the fire within 15 minutes,” said an officer.
“No one was injured as it was a limited fire,” the official added.
“My kitchen caught fire during lighting the gas burner, the tenant of the apartment told The Peninsula.
Two fire brigade vehicles with a dozen of fire fighters, one ambulance and a couple of policemen in patrolling vehicles were involved in the operation.
A fire fighter was standing besides the ambulance icing his palm that sustained minor burn during extinguishing the fire.
After making sure that the fire has been put off completely, the fire fighting team left the site by 9:15.