Lashkar-i-Taiba denies attack on Indian consulate

May 28, 2014 - 12:00:00 am

Kabul:  The Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-i-Taiba has denied that the attack on the Indian consulate in western Herat province was carried out by them.

Abdullah Ghaznavi, a man identifying himself as Lashkar-i-Taiba spokesman, rejected allegations against the group.

This comes as Afghan president Hamid Karzai said that he had been informed by a Western intelligence agency that Lashkar-i-Taiba was responsible for the assault on the Indian consulate in Herat province, (Khaama Press) reported.

However, the man who claimed to be Lashkar-i-Taiba’s spokesman said in a phone call, “Hamid Karzai’s claim is not based on truth. We condemn the attack.”

He said, Our operations are limited to Jammu and Kashmir alone, and these will continue until the dawn of freedom for the territory.”

Agency

comments powered by Disqus