Saudi reports another MERS case

August 13, 2014 - 1:43:17 am



DOHA: The Saudi Ministry of Health yesterday announced a new case of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in Wadi Aldwasir Province in Riyadh area. It said the infected Saudi man, 59, had been admitted to hospital. With this, the total number of MERS cases in the kingdom has gone up to 723 since June last year. Of these, 299 victims have died and 396 recovered, while 28 are under treatment. The ministry also said laboratory results from the US-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showed that the man who was suspected of having died from Ebola was not infected with the disease. The ministry is waiting for results from the German Referral Laboratory to know the cause of death.

AGENCIES

comments powered by Disqus