Kidnapped Italian aid worker freed from Syria

 27 May 2014 - 18:04

ROME: Italian aid worker Federico Motka, who was kidnapped in Syria in March 2013, arrived at Ciampino Airport in Rome on Tuesday.

Motka, 31, was released on May 26 in Syria near the Turkish border after a 14-month-long abduction, ANSA news agency reported.

Federico Motka was kidnapped on March 12 last year in Atmeh, a village in northern Syria where a large refugee camp is hosted. At the time, Motka was working as aid coordinator for the French non-governmental organisation ACTED, Italian media said.

Italian Foreign Affairs Minister, Mogherini thanked all those who worked for the successful outcome to the case and Motka's family for their faith in the public institutions.  (QNA)

 

ROME: Italian aid worker Federico Motka, who was kidnapped in Syria in March 2013, arrived at Ciampino Airport in Rome on Tuesday.

Motka, 31, was released on May 26 in Syria near the Turkish border after a 14-month-long abduction, ANSA news agency reported.

Federico Motka was kidnapped on March 12 last year in Atmeh, a village in northern Syria where a large refugee camp is hosted. At the time, Motka was working as aid coordinator for the French non-governmental organisation ACTED, Italian media said.

Italian Foreign Affairs Minister, Mogherini thanked all those who worked for the successful outcome to the case and Motka's family for their faith in the public institutions.  (QNA)