BEIJING: A new human H7N9 case were reported in the southern city of Shenzhen in China's Guangdong Province, raising the total number of such cases in the province to nine since August.
The patient is a 31-year-old man, who is a local resident living in Luohu District of Shenzhen, the provincial health and family planning commission said in a statement.
The statement said the patient became sick on Dec.30 and was hospitalized at the People's Hospital in Bao'an District on Jan. 3. He is still receiving treatment at the hospital and is in stable condition, according to China's Xinhua News Agency.
No abnormal conditions have been found in the 35 people who were in close contact with the patient, it said.
So far, Guangdong has confirmed nine human H7N9 cases since Aug. 10, with two in Shenzhen, one in Foshan, one in Huizhou, two in Dongguan, and three in Yangjiang. (QNA)