ISLAMABAD: At least two people were killed and scores were injured after a suicide bomber detonated a carload of explosives as a passenger bus drove past in Pakistan's Quetta on Wednesday evening, Pakistan's Geo News reported.
"So far, there have been two deaths, while the count of the injured has risen to 31", Information Minister of Balochistan Abdul Raheem confirmed.
As per initial reports the target of this sectarian terrorist act was a bus full of passengers coming from Iran.
The blast struck the bus at Akhtarabad bypass on Qamberani Road in the provincial capital of Balochistan.
CCPO Quetta, Abdul Razzaq Cheema, said the bus had just entered Quetta after crossing Pakistan-Iran border when the bomber struck.
He said the bus was carrying at least 46 people, who were coming back home after visiting holy places in Iran.
According to sources gunshots were also fired after the bomb went off. (QNA)