SAO PAULO: At least ten people died and 26 others were wounded in the collapse of a two-storey building in Sao Paulo, Brazil's largest city, a state security source said last Thursday.
The last two victims were pulled from the rubble Thursday, two days after the accident, the news portal G1 said.
Most of the injured were construction workers.
The collapse of a 400-square-metre concrete slab apparently caused the accident, according to the fire department.
The building in the western suburb of Sao Mateo is a former petrol station that was being transformed into a shop for a fashion company.
City officials said no permit had been issued for the construction.
Earlier last Tuesday,at least six people died when a building collapsed in Sao Paulo, Brazil, a state security spokeswoman said.
The building was under construction at the time of the collapse and the victims were workers on the site, said Celia Jacysyn, spokeswoman for the Sao Paulo security secretariat.
At least 20 people were injured in the collapse, according to state-run Agencia Brasil news agency.
There were 35 people working on the construction of the building when it collapsed, Jacysyn said.
The two-story commercial building was in the final phases of construction, an employee of a neighboring business told Agencia Brasil.
Sao Paulo is the largest city in Brazil and the country's business and financial center. (QNA)