Niger ambassador, wife found dead in Brussels
January 19, 2013 - 12:00:00 am
BRUSSELS: Niger's ambassador to Belgium and his wife have been found dead at their residence, apparently the victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, the embassy said Friday.
The bodies of Issaka Djibo, 61, and his wife Fatouma, 50, were found in their bedroom by their daughter, alerted by an embassy employee who had not heard from the ambassador.
Initial findings suggested the couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty heater, the Belga news agency cited police as saying.
The ambassador, who also represented Niger to the European Union, took up his post in January 2012, the embassy said. (AFP)