New Delhi: At least 50 shanties were gutted in a fire that broke out in a slum in a New Delhi area, an official said yesterday.
The blaze was apparently sparked by an electrical short circuit in a hut in a slum in the Chanakyapuri area late on Sunday. “We received a call around 10 pm, following which 16 fire turcks were rushed to the spot and the blaze was doused in an hour,” said an official of Delhi Fire Service.
No one was injured in the incident. Chanakyapuri is the diplomatic enclave.
Supreme Court blaze
Meanwhile, a fire broke out on Sunday inside the Supreme Court premises here, authorities said.
The Delhi Fire Service said the fire was reported from the lawyers’ chamber block. Eight fire tenders doused the fire in half an hour, an official said. IANS